Office B411, Building Coriolis
IMAGINE Research Group
École des Ponts ParisTech
6-8, Avenue Blaise Pascal - Cité Descartes
77455 Marne-la-Vallée cedex 2
I am a director of research at ENPC ParisTech, France. I also supervize a research group at TU Graz, Austria. Before that, I was a full professor at the Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision, Graz University of Technology, and before that, a senior researcher at CVLab, EPFL, Switzerland.
I currently focus on 3D scene understanding from images, with application to 3D hand and object tracking, 3D reconstruction, and camera localization.
Recent Projects, Code, and Datasets
- Sparse-To-Dense Hypercolumn Matching for Long-Term Visual Localization
- SharpNet: Fast and Accurate Recovery of Occluding Contours in Monocular Depth Estimation
- SyntheT-Less dataset
- HOnnotate: A method for 3D Annotation of Hand and Objects Poses
- Domain Transfer for 3D Pose Estimation and Feature Mapping
- 3D Pose Estimation and 3D Model Retrieval for Objects in the Wild
- BB8: Robust 3D Object Pose Estimation
- ALCN: Adaptive Local Contrast Normalization
- Geo-localization from Images and 2.5D Maps
Former PhD students and postdocs
- Bugra Tekin, Researcher at Microsoft Zurich;
- Kwang Moo Yi, Assistant Professor at the University of Victoria.
- Anil Armagan, Imperial College London;
- Markus Oberweger, Researcher at Naked Labs, Graz;
- Paul Wohlhart, Researcher, X, Mountain View;
- Artem Rozantsev, Researcher at Nvidia Zurich;
- Amos Sironi, Researcher at Prophesee, Paris;
- Alberto Crivellaro, S&H, Lombardy;
- Kevin Smith, Associate Professor at KTH, Stockholm;
- Tomasz Trzcinski, Assistant Professor at Warsaw University and CEO at comexifi.ai;
- Julien Pilet, Founder of anemomind and opticode, Lausanne;
- Mustafa Özuysal, Assistant Professor at the Izmir Institute of Technology;
- Ali Shahrokni, Senior Researcher at MagicLeap, Mountain View;
- Luca Vacchetti, Founder of Qualivision, Alba.